July 2021, Issyk-Kul - Kyrgyzstan
We are proud to announce the DERECKA summer school, which is specifically adapted for regional academic staff (teaching, research staff and PhD administrators) from our Kyrgyz partner universities. The aim is to provide hands-on training and professional exchange in topics related to the development of PhD programmes, research competences, PhD administration and supervision.
- Each partner university from Kyrgyzstan proposes 8-10 candidates from teaching and research staff, who meet the qualifications listed below.
- Each proposed candidate submits to the selection committee a CV and motivation letter, indicating the type of training they would like to attend. The submission deadline is June 25.
- The selection committee organises online meetings with the applicants in the week of July 4-9, to assess their proficiency in English.
- Based on the submitted application documents, qualifications, and performance during the online meeting, the selection committee decides on the final participants (4-6 from each university). The final list of participants is made available on July 14.
Qualification requirements for proposed participants
- Employment at one of the seven Kyrgyz partner universities
- Relevant PhD (Candidat or Doctor Nauk) or MSc education
- Proven experience and interest in the development of education, training and research
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
The summer school will be organised at the “Raduga” Resort Centre, located at Issyk-Kyl – the seventh deepest lake in the world, the tenth largest lake in the world by volume. The popular vacation resort belongs to a biosphere reserve with global significance.