21 April 2021, Online event
The purpose of the round table is to discuss the progress of implementation of measures to strengthen the research and innovation potential in Kyrgyzstan by promoting a system of PhD and to work out measures to further cooperation between the stakeholders to improve the content and quality of doctoral programs in Kyrgyzstan.
Please note: the link and time of the online event will be provided at the DERECKA Facebook page soon.
In particular, the following tasks are adressed:
- Take stock of the work done (results achieved, strengths and weaknesses, lessons learned in the implementation process).
- Determine the necessary measures and conditions for the further implementation and improvement of the quality of doctoral programs in accordance with the needs of stakeholders .
- Consider and discuss the barriers and recommendations and to enhance the competencies of teaching staff and to attract qualified professionals to the academic and scientific work in high school ah.
- Improving the administration of PhD leadership programs.
- Discuss the possibilities and necessary steps to establish long-term and sustainable cooperation between the relevant government departments, specialized universities and the business community to train highly qualified personnel that meet the needs of priority sectors of the Kyrgyz economy.
- Promoting a PhD culture among academics, stakeholders and the general public in Kyrgyzstan
Representatives from the following organisations attend the round table:
- Ministry of Education and Science of Kyrgyzstan
- Representatives of the Ministry of Labor and Social Development
- Representatives of the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic
- GIZ project "Vocational Education in Central Asia" (RESA).
- Erasmus + National Office in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- National team of experts on higher education reform in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Partner universities of the Erasmus+ DERECKA project - "Development of doctoral studies and research potential of scientists in Kyrgyzstan"
- International experts assisting
- Business community representatives